<body>

FIONA YEO


27 June 1989

Hello Stranger!

ARCHIVES


December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010




Friday, March 10, 2006


I AM NOT AN INTELLECTUAL! I dislike independent learning! Our dearest parents pay for our education, in hope that we acquire broader knowledge and learning when we attend school. Our educator: TEACHERS. Meaning, teachers do their part by educating, teaching and guiding us, before they leave us on our own to explore more in-depth info on a certain topic. Job well done for most teachers. However, things don't seem to turn out the way it should be for that particular subject of ours, in the case of our class and our fellow 'class-next-door'. I'm not saying that her method of teaching is wrong. Perhaps thats her teaching style, or perhaps, thats the way she thought we might or we would have learnt and mastered better, but its definitely not the case.

Its not easy when we are being introduced to a new chapter, having absolutely no idea what its all about, and we're made to do our own research in a group and thereafter, a project, presenting to the members of the other groups and following, a TEST! UNFAIR..UNFAIR..UNFAIR! Then, most of us would probably fail as a fact. This is not Project Work but rather, a matter of learning. The most frightening thing is that we will all be sitting for national exam at the end of the year. If she's going to carry on teaching us in this manner, I doubt we will excel or even pass. We suffered in 'silence' for two years. Third year's on. The class-next-door had it feedback to the pricipal, but it seemed a futile effort. I don't know. Fortunately, I do have tuition, or else I will be in the midst of the many question marks running through my mind, without any clarifications by anyone. That would be terrible. Really terrible I guess.

On a happier note, its the start of our one week school break! Instigating my excitement. Surprisingly, we don't have to return to school for extra lessons as much as what I had expected initially. Woo hoo! However, tonnes of homework awaits literally every subject. I'll take my time anyway that I could. hah!

Melbourne Commonwealth Games 15th-26th March! TEAM SINGAPORE ALL THE WAY!



3:49 PM