ITALY WON 5-3 on penalties after the 1-1 draw! Not unbelievable though. They are a world class team with world class football players like Totti, Cannavora and Buffon. The finals were so exciting. However, I'd still prefer France to win. Both teams played well and proved themselves in the finals of the world cup. Best moment of the match was Zizou's head-butting incident involving Italy's Materazzi, which earned him a red card. What an end to his retirement. Its quite unexpected, coming from a quality and experienced player like him. Oh well, Materazzi must have said something really hurtful and insulting that would have made Zizou reacted the way he did. Sucha loser! I reckon he had intended to get him sent off and Zizou fell into his trap. Oh Zizou! How could you! Something I question is that if Zidane wasn't sent off, could France have won it still? Afterall, France were the better players during the game. And I think the referees for the finals were rather hesitant and blur. They didn't seem to take control of the game well enough and during the headbutting incident, they weren't there to exactly see it happen. Only the fourth referee did I suppose. Everything still lingers in my mind.