Time is passing rather fast. Much faster than I expected. Its a good thing. Not really complaining. Three prelim papers have been done with and the others are to be continued after the one week vacation. I'd say thats more of a study week instead. I have not really had time to take a real breather, seriously. Today, I shall think of happy thoughts and cool down a little. Thy brain needs a break too.
Anyway, I had time to slow down and think the other day. There are days when I just feel like the worlds biggest loser. The other day was just one of those days. I was getting tired of feeling like that and I realised that I had to give up trying to please others and trying to be what others want me to be. I shall stop trying and make please myself instead. As cliche as this may sound, true friends are the ones who can accept you for who you are. They are the ones who listen to what you say no matter how stupid you sound. They are the ones who are willing to go the extra mile for you. Sounds too perfect, but when you find friends like that, you do all you can to make the friendship last.
Thought number two. Happiness should come from within and not your given circumstances. Its probably something I should have realised a long time ago. Happiness cant be brought by others. Its up to us to determine if we want to be happy or depressed.
Thought number three. I came to a startling realisation that at the age of 18/19, boys are just unable to settle down and provide for their girlfriends. So honestly, what's the point of getting into a relationship when boys (majority of them) just want to enjoy their teenage-freedom and take their chances at all the other girls? Plus at this stage in life, is it really wise to forgo all the fun and freedom? I believe girls are capable of sacrificing everything for the guys they like, they want to be with, but I'm not sure if I can say the same for guys. They'd probably lose interest after a while and leave the girls heartbroken because we all know that girls are more faithful/loyal/dedicated and put in more feelings than the guys right? Oh well of course there are exceptions, boys who are able to manage their time well and are ready to dedicate part of their lives to their girls, but how rare is that? Maybe I should stop complaining for once.
Notice how fickle feelings can be. Now I'm better, now I'm worse. Nowhere is it written how to deal with this.