I made a new resolution today: From today onwards, I'm going to make it a point to take flyers handed out to me on the streets, by whoever.
I felt so bad when I rejected taking this flyer from this boy. You can really see the "Sian, I still have so many more to distribute before I can get my pay." disappointment spelt on his face. And at that instant, I felt so lousy about myself. I could have made it easier for him, just by taking the harmless flyer from him. Whether I dump it later or not, I don't think he really cares. He just wants to get his job done. Imagine having to stand under the sun for hours, only to be met with constant rejections. How sad is that. I know how working sucks, and I'm sure that even though it's a small act, it makes a whole lot of difference to them. A kind act goes a long way, isn't it? So friends, next time just obligingly take any flyers handed out to you, take a look and then throw it away if you wish. It doesn't take much out of you, does it? (And sometimes you get lucky and you get discount coupons! Haha!)
Since when did I have such compassion, I wonder.
On a lighter note, today was good. Life's simple and good like that, I'm loving it.